Fellas! Listen up. I know most of you have football on the brain with the Super Bowl being today. In all your tailgating and placing your bets on the winning team, don’t forget that Valentine’s Day is Feb. 14, just two weeks away. Have you given any thought to how you are going to let the lady in your life know how much you love her? If you haven’t yet don’t worry. Glamour & Glo got you covered. Valentine’s Day is the most romantic day of the year and the perfect time to propose. More than 2 million people will propose on Valentine’s Day. We have 7 creative, romantic and memorable ways to pop the question and plan a beautiful evening for two. We’ve compiled a list of our top picks from some of our most favorite sources and vendors.
1. Film it! Work with your local movie theater to pull this off. Fill the theater with family and friends. Tell your girlfriend that you are taking her out for dinner and a movie. During the previews, your girlfriend will be super surprised to see that one of the movie trailers is actually a marriage proposal from you. This is a great way to surprise her and to include family and friends in such a memorable moment in your lives. Not to mention the mega points you will score for this one. Check out how this Youtube video for inspiration. l<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adh4hmpBxlw>
2. Advertise it! This is really cool. purchase a local commercial ad that will air during your girlfriends favorite cable show. While watching her favorite show together she will see your commercial asking for her hand in marriage (don’t be afraid to be creative with your commercial.). Once she sees the commercial present her with the ring. Don’t forget to DVR the commercial. It will be great to share with friends and family during the engagement party.
3. For a simple surprise, after she goes to bed, go to her jewelry box and replace her everyday ring with the engagement ring. She’ll be completely shocked in the morning when she goes to put on her regular ring.
4. Slip the ring on her finger while she’s sleeping and wake her with champagne and strawberries. At first, the gesture will simply seem romantic — the real surprise comes when she notices her new piece of jewelry.
5. Tie a red-velvet ribbon from one spot in your home to another. Attach little notes recalling perfect moments in your relationship along the way. You wait at the last stop, ring in hand.
6. Spell your proposal out in glow-in-the-dark star stickers on your ceiling. Get into bed, turn the lights off and wait for the inevitable gasp.
7. Gather a bunch of your friends and family for a party. Have everyone in attendance put on a T-shirt bearing one of the letters in the phrase “Will you marry me?” When you walk into the room with your girlfriend, suggest a group picture and let the shirts speak for themselves.
Now don’t look at this list and feel overwhelmed with pulling this off. Your girls, Areaka and Susan got your back with this one. Look us up atglamourandglo.com and we can help you create a magical and unforgettable moment that will change your lives forever.